Saturday, December 14, 2013

Why Am I Here?

03/10/12

My Shihan posed this question to me: "Geigh, why are you here?".  I thought about this question for a few minutes, and decided just to write whatever came to my mind.  So....here we go:

I am here to make the world more beautiful--to make God smile.
I am here to hold the little boy, the little girl...with blood-stained underwear--hold them 'til they don't hurt anymore.  

I am here to travel abroad--to feed the babies and show them God's love.

I am here to sing to the trees and see my reflection in the water.

I am here to love hard....and unconditionally.
I am here to make love, to give love, to receive love.

I am here to be a daughter, sister, auntie, partner, student, worker, Godmother and friend.

I am here to spread joy, to educate, to protect, to advocate, to fight, to win, to overcome.  

To wipe the tears of those that are hurting; to actually kiss the tears away.

I am here to clean off the semen, the blood, the urine and help the babies feel new again.

I am here to tell them that it's not their fault and their innocence is still there (you can still play on the merry-go-round in the park).  

I am here to hug and kiss the pain away.

I am here to protect God's furry creatures--they are life. 

I am here to hold hands and walk down the street in the park......at the beach.

I am here to write, to see, to learn, to breathe, to smile, to soar, to overcome. 

I am here to die empty because I gave my all.  

Ashe' and amen. 

Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment